When Jesus started His ministry here on earth, He said, “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor” (Luke 4:18). As followers of Jesus, I believe we are called to continue this work. By God’s grace, CGI has been able to continue to proclaim Good News over the past year.
- We saw 16 young women, who in the past faced the horrors of human trafficking and absolute poverty, experience the love of God and graduate from our Culinary Training Center and Imprint Project. They and their families now have hope for a brighter and healthier future.
- We saw our byTavi team grow to 40 seamstresses, equipping and empowering more women with dignity and the ability to provide for their families and protect their children. They also studied God’s Word together every week.
- We saw 14 students in our cgiKids program advance to their next elementary grade level, helping to ensure they stay in school and receive a valuable education.
- In the midst of all our work, Jesus was proclaimed and made known in Cambodia!
Our year-end appeal typically focuses on current programs and the funding needed to sustain them. This year is no different. We still have those needs, and your gift will continue to help us maintain excellence in what God has already called us to do.
But, what if God is calling us to do more?
- What if we could expand our Culinary Training Center to also include hotel, hospitality and tourism training?
- What if we could double the number of students in our Culinary Training Center and Imprint Project?
- What if we could empower more women and protect more children by expanding our byTavi workshop?
- What if we could help more villages, schools, students and families through the cgiKids program, allowing us to have a greater impact in the name of Jesus?
This year we want to designate 10% of your year-end gift to a ‘dream fund.’ These resources will be set aside for the next steps that we believe God will reveal to us. As we discern His plans to expand the work of CGI, we want to be a people that can say YES without hesitation! Will you dare to dream and pray about the possibilities that God has in store for CGI, the Cambodian people and you? We desire for you to experience the joy of generosity and watch God make an eternal impact with your resources in partnership with CGI!
Year-end gifts can be made here or mailed to CGI at 3830 E. Southport Rd. Suite A2, Indianapolis, IN 46237. CGI appreciates your continued prayers and support.
May God Bless You!
They say you only turn 40 once. Well my once in a lifetime opportunity is just 17 days away. I suppose I could look at it as my opportunity to have a mid-life crisis. But instead, I want to take this once in a lifetime opportunity to try and raise money for the ministry I am blessed to be part of…and try to have some fun while doing so! My goal is to raise $10,000 over the next 17 days leading up to my birthday on November 17th. Will you help make this crazy goal a reality?!?
Please join us as we go before the Lord to seek His guidance in all that CGI does in the U.S. and Cambodia. Below you will find a list of suggested prayers– feel free to use this as a guide for your prayer time. Thank you for going before the Lord on behalf of CGI!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philippians 4:6)
Prayer Requests – CGI USA Team
- Pray that as an organization, CGI would not be overcome by evil, but rather would overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:12)
- Pray against the evil one and the spiritual forces the come against CGI as an organization and against the individuals who work at CGI, volunteer at CGI, donate to CGI, or support the ministry in some other way. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Eph 6:12).
- Pray for the mission and vision of CGI – that we would humble ourselves and seek the leading of the Lord in all we do. Pray that we would continue to be effective in empowering those in need, protecting the vulnerable, and most importantly sharing the Good News of Jesus with all those we serve and come in contact with.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)
- Praise God for the generous donors who, through their stewardship of resources entrusted to them by God, give to the work of CGI and partner with us in God’s work around the world.
- Pray for those who serve as faithful volunteers with CGI. Without them we would be lost! They help with many things including byTavi events, fundraising events, processing byTavi products, cleaning our office space, and hosting byTavi trunk shows just to name a few.
- Pray for CGI’s board of directors who voluntarily serve and help lead the mission and vision of CGI. There are 9 board members: Jeffrey, Matt, Jeremy, Paul, Joyce, Jeff, Lynette, Sonja and Carmen.
- Pray for the U.S. staff of CGI that we would be wise, discerning and diligent in the work we do on behalf of those we serve. Staff members include: Nathan, Whitney, Kristen, Hali, Lindsey, Nicole, Carrie, Andraea, and Jaime.
- Pray for the U.S. missionaries who are faithfully serving in Cambodia with CGI, sharing the love of Jesus. These include Alan, Katy (children Jonah & Elim), Ryana, and Alison.
- Pray for Ryana who is currently in the U.S. mourning the sudden and unexpected loss of her grandmother Beverly. Beverly was an amazing Godly woman who supported Ryana in all she did and had actually been to Cambodia twice and developed relationships with CGI students and staff while serving there with Ryana.
- Pray for the ministries that CGI partners with, many of whom work to rescue young women from human trafficking and help them begin to heal. These ministries include Rapha House, Destiny Rescue, Agape, Mother’s Heart, and International Justice Mission.
- Pray for the new byTavi Boutique in Franklin, IN. That it would be successful from a business perspective with lots of customers and monthly sales, but also that it would be a light in that community and a place where people sense God and get a glimpse of what He is doing in this world and possibly be moved to join in the work beyond buying a byTavi product (i.e. volunteer, donate, advocate, etc).
Prayer Requests – From the CGI Phnom Penh Team
- Pray for the wisdom and good health for Nary, Mouy, Sreymao, Mala, Sokchea, March, Seangly, and Chantoo who administrate the program and lead the byTavi women.
- Pray for Sreymao and her baby, pray for a healthy delivery.
- Pray for all the women who participate in the byTavi program to have good health.
- Pray that all the women of the byTavi program and their family to open their heart to know Christ.
- Pray for the protection over the staff and the ladies of the byTavi program
- Pray for the new byTavi administrator, Vireak, for his work with byTavi
The Imprint Project
- Pray that the 12 young women who are participating in The Imprint Project and their families will come to know Christ
- Pray for the staff at Imprint Project, especially Norin who will be returning to work soon from maternity leave and Pisei who is now on maternity leave.
- Pray for students to have more wisdom to understand the lessons faster.
- Pray for wisdom and patience over the staff to lead and work with the girls
- Pray for the participants and staff to have good relationship to one another.
- Pray for 2 students who recently left – that they would be safe and return to the program and finish their training.
- Pray for the 15 students who are participating in cgiKids program and their family will come to know Christ
- Pray for Sreyleak as she teaches these students and meets with their families.
- Pray for other ways that we can connect with this community.
Phnom Penh and USA Office
- Pray for Alan and Katy Beringer as they are traveling over the next few weeks.
- Pray for Seiha (Co-director) as she continues to lead the staff in Phnom Penh.
- Pray for Seiha as she will start school in November.
- Pray for the CGI Cambodia Office Staff – Somnang, and Sopheany
- Pray for our US Staff – Nathan, Whitney, Kristen, Hali, Lindsey, Jaime, Nicole, Carrie and Andraea to have wisdom, strength, and health.
General about CGI
- Pray for the volunteers without whom we could not exist.
- Pray for the increase of the products selling
- Pray for all the supporters that God will double the blessings to them
General about Cambodia
- Pray for Cambodia’s government, leaders, and political issues.
- Pray for all the people affected by human trafficking in Cambodia
- Pray for peace in Cambodia and around the world.
- Pray for a safe Pchum Ben holiday for our staff and participants.
Prayer Requests – From the CGI Battambang Team
- Pray for wisdom and patience for all the teachers when they teach
- Pray for our social workers who work directly with the participants
- Wisdom to work with the participants and their families
- Safety when they go to do home visit
- Pray for unity among staff
- Pray for two staff who are non-Christian. Pray that they will learn and know more about Jesus when they are among us and come to believe and have faith in Jesus.
- Pray for their health
- Pray for the encouragement and self-motivation for staff, so that they will thrive in doing God’s work through CGI
- We need an English teacher. Please pray that God would bring us the right person.
- Pray for Alison and Connor as they will go back to U.S. in November to get married.
- Pray for Ryana as she is in the U.S. mourning the loss of her grandmother.
- Pray for wisdom while they study in our program
- Pray for perseverance as they are going through the program until they finish
- Pray for their health
- Pray for their home lives, so that their families will not abuse them physically, mentally and emotionally
- Pray that their families will support and encourage them to finish the program
- Pray that their families will see the changes in their children’s lives
- Pray that the participants will experience love and learn and know Jesus while they go through their journey with CGI
- Please pray for hope and healing for their future when they finish the program
- Pray for the heart and life transforming through the work that we are doing both staff and participants
Green Mango and Red Chili:
- Please pray for our businesses that both of them will run well and be sustainable for the future
- We are still looking for a Khmer Manager for the restaurant. Please pray that God will bring the right person for the job
- Please pray for the restaurant staff that they will be working together in unity and continue learning and improving their skills through their job
- Pray for wisdom and strength while they are working and know how to avoid wastage
- Pray that we will be able to have a sustainable income to support the businesses and the operation in Battambang in the future
- Pray for staff and participant as the go home over Pchum Ben holiday.
- Pray for their safety while they travel to places
- There will be a spiritual warfare happen at their home. Please pray that they will stay strong in their believe and trusting that God has power over all the evils and spirits that try to attack them in the different way
- Pray for their time with family.
- Pray that their families will see the differences and see Jesus in them.
- Pray that they will return back to work on time and safe
- Pray for a new project (Hospitality training) that we are planning for CGI Battamabang.
- Pray for vision, wisdom and discernment from God among the leadership team
- Pray for the right timing, right staff and new participants
- Pray that the plan will work out and the CGI leadership and Board will help cast vision and plan strategically.
- Pray that many lives will be transformed by this potential new project
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits; who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed…..Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the Lord, my soul.
Psalm 103:1-6, 21-22
Through our mission, Center for Global Impact seeks to bring the Good News of Jesus to those in the grip of poverty and bondage through education, vocational training and business development. Primarily working in Cambodia, many of those we serve are victims of — or vulnerable to — human trafficking.
-CGI Mission Statement
What causes human trafficking?
Human trafficking varies from country to country, but it usually preys on vulnerable situations.
People in vulnerable and precarious situations are looking for a way out and in their desperation can fall prey to human traffickers. We see these in multiple different circumstances.
The following four scenarios are examples of the conditions and/or realities people may be fleeing.
1. Leaving a place of poverty to gain wealth
Many victims want to get out of their situation so they risk everything to leave the place that sees them mired in poverty. This gives the human traffickers bait to lure victims to move to a different country.
Traffickers lie, promising jobs and stability in order to recruit their victims. Upon their arrival to another state or region, captors take control. More often than not, they are held in places where victims did not to want to make their home.
*The practice of entrusting poor children to more affluent friends or relatives may create vulnerability. Some parents sell their children, not just for money, but in hope that their children may escape poverty and have a better life with more opportunities.
2. Political conditions
Political instability, militarism, generalized violence or civil unrest can result in an increase in trafficking as well. The destabilization and scattering of populations increase their vulnerability to unfair treatment and abuse via trafficking and forced labor.
Armed conflicts can lead to massive forced displacements of people. War creates large numbers of orphans and street children who are especially vulnerable to trafficking. Their families have either passed away or are fighting a war, complicating child-rearing.
4. Social and Cultural practices
Many societies and cultures devalue, abuse and exploit women and girls, creating perilous living conditions for these women. With little opportunities of upward mobility and with little value placed on women and girls, they are more vulnerable to human trafficking.
We see a broken world and recognize a need for Jesus to intervene in so many lives. At CGI, we hope and pray for a future in which those we serve experience the freedom, dignity and fullness of life that comes when we enter into relationship with Jesus Christ.
How can you fight human trafficking from your home? Check out one of our earlier blogs for a few beginning steps.
United Nations Office Of Drugs and Crime – https://www.unodc.org/documents/human-trafficking/Toolkit-files/08-58296_tool_9-2.pdf