- Nutrition, exercise & sanitation
- Emotional health & stress management
- Proper health care & disease prevention
- Family & child development
- Motivation, positive behavior & team work
- Healthy relationship & conflict resolution
- Qualities of a good leader
- Jesus’ character & healings
- Reading & writing stories
- Division & multiplication
- Fractions & decimals
- Time, measurements & weights
- Written & telephone communication
- English tenses & questions
- English songs like “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”
- Traditional Khmer clothing
- Formal wear
- Sewing byTavi bags, such as Rice Tote & Urban Crossbody
- Bakery items
- Meats & soups
- Smoothies & coffee
- Taking orders in English
- Computer skills
We praise God everyday for our current sponsors! Thank you for giving sacrificially so that these young women may have brighter futures.
If you are interested in learning more about these programs or sponsoring a student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On his recent trip to Cambodia, Nathan, CGI’s Executive Director, experienced a praise-filled moment…
“One of my favorite moments from this trip was when we took the Culinary Training Center staff and students out for a nice dinner at a place in Battambang called Bamboo. We enjoyed lots of good food together and it was fun to just spend time laughing and enjoying each others company. At the end of dinner one of the culinary students began singing a song they learned in English class. This particular student comes from an area nearby the city where her family survives by picking trash at the local dump. The staff tells me that she has really bloomed since joining the program and her fun-loving personality is often on display. She has come to realize the opportunity she has to break the cycle of poverty for her and her family. And even more, she is coming to learn about the good news of Jesus that can be heard in the words of the song she leads everyone in after dinner that night – ‘My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there’s nothing my God can not do!’ “
Thank you for your partnership with CGI and helping make these moments possible.
If you are not a current partner but are interested in sponsoring a student, please contact Whitney at email@example.com
When Jesus started His ministry here on earth, He said, “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor” (Luke 4:18). As followers of Jesus, I believe we are called to continue this work. By God’s grace, CGI has been able to continue to proclaim Good News over the past year.
- We saw 16 young women, who in the past faced the horrors of human trafficking and absolute poverty, experience the love of God and graduate from our Culinary Training Center and Imprint Project. They and their families now have hope for a brighter and healthier future.
- We saw our byTavi team grow to 40 seamstresses, equipping and empowering more women with dignity and the ability to provide for their families and protect their children. They also studied God’s Word together every week.
- We saw 14 students in our cgiKids program advance to their next elementary grade level, helping to ensure they stay in school and receive a valuable education.
- In the midst of all our work, Jesus was proclaimed and made known in Cambodia!
Our year-end appeal typically focuses on current programs and the funding needed to sustain them. This year is no different. We still have those needs, and your gift will continue to help us maintain excellence in what God has already called us to do.
But, what if God is calling us to do more?
- What if we could expand our Culinary Training Center to also include hotel, hospitality and tourism training?
- What if we could double the number of students in our Culinary Training Center and Imprint Project?
- What if we could empower more women and protect more children by expanding our byTavi workshop?
- What if we could help more villages, schools, students and families through the cgiKids program, allowing us to have a greater impact in the name of Jesus?
This year we want to designate 10% of your year-end gift to a ‘dream fund.’ These resources will be set aside for the next steps that we believe God will reveal to us. As we discern His plans to expand the work of CGI, we want to be a people that can say YES without hesitation! Will you dare to dream and pray about the possibilities that God has in store for CGI, the Cambodian people and you? We desire for you to experience the joy of generosity and watch God make an eternal impact with your resources in partnership with CGI!
Year-end gifts can be made here or mailed to CGI at 3830 E. Southport Rd. Suite A2, Indianapolis, IN 46237. CGI appreciates your continued prayers and support.
May God Bless You!
They say you only turn 40 once. Well my once in a lifetime opportunity is just 17 days away. I suppose I could look at it as my opportunity to have a mid-life crisis. But instead, I want to take this once in a lifetime opportunity to try and raise money for the ministry I am blessed to be part of…and try to have some fun while doing so! My goal is to raise $10,000 over the next 17 days leading up to my birthday on November 17th. Will you help make this crazy goal a reality?!?