Rescued from desperate life situations where she used to do everything she could to help her parents get out of debt, Reaksa came to us from one of CGI’s partner ministries. Her home village is three hours away from the city and she dreamed of being a clothing seamstress. Sadly, she could not make enough money to help pay off the debt and to go to a sewing school. Because of generous partners like you, CGI was able to accept her into the Imprint Project, a program focused on developing students holistically while also teaching sewing skills. She was excited when she knew that her dream would come true. When she started she did not know anything about sewing but after being in our program for 10 months, she now can design and sew clothes with confidence. She also helps other students when they have questions about sewing. She likes to help other students and is very friendly.
Furthermore, she loves to be part of the Life Skills Class. “Now I know about being a good person, wife, and parent. I understand about emotional health and stress [management],” said Reaksa.
Her other favorite part of the Imprint Project is the devotion time each morning. She likes to share with her friends about what God has done in her life. “The daily devotion helps me to be closer to God.”
Reaksa has also improved in her general education since she started at grade level four and has now progressed to the next level.
She plans to work at CGI’s byTavi workshop when she graduates from the Imprint Project in July. She also hopes to have her own sewing machine so that she can continue using her sewing skills at home in the evenings and weekends to earn extra income.
*name has been changed
- Nutrition, exercise & sanitation
- Emotional health & stress management
- Proper health care & disease prevention
- Family & child development
- Motivation, positive behavior & team work
- Healthy relationship & conflict resolution
- Qualities of a good leader
- Jesus’ character & healings
- Reading & writing stories
- Division & multiplication
- Fractions & decimals
- Time, measurements & weights
- Written & telephone communication
- English tenses & questions
- English songs like “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”
- Traditional Khmer clothing
- Formal wear
- Sewing BYTAVI designs
- Bakery items
- Meats & soups
- Smoothies & coffee
- Taking orders in English
- Computer skills
We praise God everyday for our current sponsors! Thank you for giving sacrificially so that these young women may have brighter futures.
If you are interested in learning more about these programs or sponsoring a student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to help donate and help make an impact? Click here to donate or set up a recurring donation!
On his recent trip to Cambodia, Nathan, CGI’s Executive Director, experienced a praise-filled moment…
“One of my favorite moments from this trip was when we took the Culinary Training Center staff and students out for a nice dinner at a place in Battambang called Bamboo. We enjoyed lots of good food together and it was fun to just spend time laughing and enjoying each others company. At the end of dinner one of the culinary students began singing a song they learned in English class. This particular student comes from an area nearby the city where her family survives by picking trash at the local dump. The staff tells me that she has really bloomed since joining the program and her fun-loving personality is often on display. She has come to realize the opportunity she has to break the cycle of poverty for her and her family. And even more, she is coming to learn about the good news of Jesus that can be heard in the words of the song she leads everyone in after dinner that night – ‘My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there’s nothing my God can not do!’ “
Thank you for your partnership with CGI and helping make these moments possible.
If you are not a current partner but are interested in sponsoring a student, please contact Whitney at email@example.com
When Jesus started His ministry here on earth, He said, “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor” (Luke 4:18). As followers of Jesus, I believe we are called to continue this work. By God’s grace, CGI has been able to continue to proclaim Good News over the past year.
- We saw 16 young women, who in the past faced the horrors of human trafficking and absolute poverty, experience the love of God and graduate from our Culinary Training Center and Imprint Project. They and their families now have hope for a brighter and healthier future.
- We saw our byTavi team grow to 40 seamstresses, equipping and empowering more women with dignity and the ability to provide for their families and protect their children. They also studied God’s Word together every week.
- We saw 14 students in our cgiKids program advance to their next elementary grade level, helping to ensure they stay in school and receive a valuable education.
- In the midst of all our work, Jesus was proclaimed and made known in Cambodia!
Our year-end appeal typically focuses on current programs and the funding needed to sustain them. This year is no different. We still have those needs, and your gift will continue to help us maintain excellence in what God has already called us to do.
But, what if God is calling us to do more?
- What if we could expand our Culinary Training Center to also include hotel, hospitality and tourism training?
- What if we could double the number of students in our Culinary Training Center and Imprint Project?
- What if we could empower more women and protect more children by expanding our byTavi workshop?
- What if we could help more villages, schools, students and families through the cgiKids program, allowing us to have a greater impact in the name of Jesus?
This year we want to designate 10% of your year-end gift to a ‘dream fund.’ These resources will be set aside for the next steps that we believe God will reveal to us. As we discern His plans to expand the work of CGI, we want to be a people that can say YES without hesitation! Will you dare to dream and pray about the possibilities that God has in store for CGI, the Cambodian people and you? We desire for you to experience the joy of generosity and watch God make an eternal impact with your resources in partnership with CGI!
Year-end gifts can be made here or mailed to CGI at 3830 E. Southport Rd. Suite A2, Indianapolis, IN 46237. CGI appreciates your continued prayers and support.
May God Bless You!